The New Multi-currency
Cash Passport™ Prepaid MasterCard®
Get a pre-paid travel money card and use it while your traveling abroad.
- US Dollars
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
* As of Feb 27, 2014
It’s Easy to Explore the World
Cash Passport Card can be used anywhere the MasterCard® is accepted, at over 2 million ATM machines and 35 million other locations. Initially you’ll be able to load Japanese Yen, American Dollars, Euros, British Pounds, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars and Canadian Dollars (As of Feb 27, 2014).
Benefits of Multi-currency Cash Passport™
- Load multiple currencies onto one easy to use card
- No need to open up a bank account
- Avoid currency fluctuations by loading funds into foreign currency(ies)
- Prepayment means no unexpected bills for purchases using your Multi-currency Cash Passport Card when you return home
- Use your card at over
35 million locations and
2 million ATMs around
Here Are Some of the Features
- No need to open up a bank account - you can purchase from the Travelex Store and the card will be ready instantly. You can also purchase the card from Travelex Online.
- You can add up to 7 currencies like American Dollars, Euros.
- Use your card at over 2 million MasterCard ATMs worldwide, fees may apply
- Transact at over 35 million MasterCard locations worldwide
- Reload at any Travelex store - you can also Reload from ATM or internet banking
- In My Account, you can always view your balance and purchase history. Also you can transfer your money from currency to currency.
- Emergency Assistance Service (24/7/365) is available so you can relax and enjoy your trip.
- You will be provided with a spare card in case your card is lost or stolen.
Peace of Mind
While You’re Abroad
Using a Travelex Cash Passport™ Card is a smart way to travel. If your Cash Passport Card gets lost or stolen, a replacement card can be sent to you in as little as 24 hours and often times, emergency cash may be available to you within just a few hours (depending on your location, card balance and the availability of a money transfer network). Cash Passport Cards also use Chip & PIN technology and they’re not linked to your bank account, reducing the risk of fraud.
Contacting Card Services is also really easy; they’re available by phone and email 24/7, 365 days a year, so no matter when you’re traveling, they’re there to help you with any problems or issues you may have.
Find Out How It Works
Your Cash Passport Card is a prepaid card which is loaded with money prior to your trip, locking in the exchange rate of the funds you load each time you load, reload or transfer currencies on the card. Cash Passport Card is reloadable at any of our Japan locations so you can use it again whenever you travel.
If you use your Cash Passport Card somewhere where the local currency isn’t the one loaded on your card, we’ll use one of the currencies that you’ve already loaded to pay the bill. But remember, you’ll be charged a foreign exchange rate. You’re better off making sure to keep a healthy balance for the currencies you need when traveling with your Cash Passport Card.
Cash passport is a prepaid travel card, which is issued by Travelex Japan KK under the FTBO (Funds Transfer Business Operator) registration in compliance with the Payment Services Act (Act No. 59 of 2009; the “PSA”). We are not a bank and we are not applicable for the Deposit Insurance that banks apply, but your Cash Passport funds shall be protected by the Bank Guarantee System in accordance with the ‘PSA’. You have the right to reimbursement under the process of fulfilment of bank guarantee money.
If you purchased a Single Currency Cash Passport from Travelex that looks like one of these:
This card was discontinued; however, you can reload and keep using your cards. Also Travelex Stores in Japan help you to transfer your card funds from Single Currency Cash Passport to Multi Currency Cash Passport, if you purchase Multi Currency Cash Passport. Cash out fee will be free.